Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Whatever works right


Our kids loved the snow that we got Thanksgiving break. Of course when you can talk your dad into pulling you around with a lawnmower who wouldn't love it. I've never been too into the snow. Yes it is very pretty and I love waking up to it on Christmas, but that is about it. I hate driving in it. I did a 180 on the Badger when I was in college nearly going into the ditch and so it makes me very nervous to drive in. I can't stand it when the kids want to go play in it. As they get older it isn't too bad because then they can dress themselves, but the younger ones who can't dress themselves or figure out what to wear...It took us a little over a half an hour to get ready to go out on Thursday to play. Finding warm enough pants and shirts then getting the gloves and hats on. Let's see I think Diesel lasted 10 minutes and Hallie came in moments after him. I think Karlee lasted 20 minutes. Playing in the snow I think can be overrated. Unfortunately the younger kids can't figure that out until after we spend the whole day getting ready for it.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I have the same opinions about the snow! I bet the kids had fun on the sled though :)