Life has been so busy lately. We got home from California last Tuesday night and we have been flying by the seat of our pants ever since. Mostly because of the dreadful scavenger hunt. Last year was the first year our church's activities committee did one. I being obsessive compulsive and a tad bit competitive won. This scavenger hunt is no easy quest. Most of it I have in my home or have easy access to, but those few items that I don't make me pull my hair out. It about kills me if I can't find everything.
The hunt was given out while we were gone and I was relieved kind of because I knew it would consume my every waking moment, but when we got home the next day Lorena called and talked me into doing it last minute. I had less than two days after she extended it to Friday at noon. Wednesday night I had a hair appointment and Wynden was gone to a dinner. The hunt also included a little more service oriented things this year like watching someone's kids for them, donating blood, and washing someone's car. Thursday and Friday I didn't look for stuff for very long (how could I was watching some friend's kids), but it consumed my mind in a very annoying way. Needless to say I in one form or another got everything on the list. It's not like I have to win (although I hate losing) I just have to have everything marked off on the list no matter what.
Well Friday night the winners were announced and right before second place was being said I leaned over to the people sitting next to me and said "second place is no place" they laughed and I said "no I'm serious" they laughed harder. You guessed it we got second place. We lost by three points. Congratulations Rocky you deserved it :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
it all came down to the crayon didn't it?
better luck next year jayme... :)
Wasn't it one of the football or basketball coaches at LHS that said "Second place is just FIRST looser!"? :D So there you go, you DID get first!
that is so stinkin funny, I don't think you have anyone in your family (extended) that is not competitive :) what a fun thing though, I don't remember it from last year? something like that would consume me too though
Love it. Oh, Syd pulled that crayon out of the HUGE bag we have at home
FIRST
TRY.
Boo-yah.
I was so happy with, what? 4th? Can't remember! lol, but we got a prize!
Post a Comment