Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy

I don't mean to get too mushy on you here, but since Thanksgiving was just a few days ago I thought I should post about what I am thankful for. I am thankful that I am happy. I feel like things are going very well for me right now. Life is good. As I get older, I recognize more easily how truly blessed I am. At the end of the day, no matter how many "moments" we had that day, I can still focus on the good things that happen and they always bring a smile to my face. I have great kids who have taught me so much. They have taught me how to love unconditionally and how to forgive easily. They have taught me how to serve continuously and how to enjoy it and feel rewarded of it when the day is done. I love my family so much.

I hope you are happy too. Life is too short to focus on the negative things in life. It is so much easier to have good days if you are happy. It is a mental decision to be happy. You are in charge of how you feel nobody else. Yes they can push you one way or the other, but in the end it is you that decides, you decide your reactions to things and you that decides how quickly you want to forgive. I feel bad when I see these moms who are obviously not happy for whatever reason and I feel bad in a way because being happy comes so easily to me and always has no matter the situation. I feel like I am living the dream. Work is for the birds :) So don't wait until the end of the year for a resolution, start now. Change your life today. Be happy.

4 comments:

Jeremy Saunders said...

are you in Young Womens? Because I just gave this lesson today! Except I wish I had read this before so I could share with the Young Women. You are a happy person, and your kids are lucky they have a good role model.
mimi

Jayme said...

I'm in primary Mimi :)

Peter and Lesha said...

so true Jayme and a need reminder for me :) you are always smiling I have to say even when your kids are doing something that I know has to be pushing your buttons you smile.

Unknown said...

Amen sistah!