Monday, November 8, 2010

Diesel's buffet closed for the season




We haved lived in our house for almost four years now. And for four years I have had the biggest drawer in my kitchen full of snacks. Lets just say I am a sucker for Safeway's 3 for $5 or 2 for $4 deals. I know when something is a good price and will load my cart with it. In our snack drawer you could find fruit roll-ups, granola bars, cheese and crackers, cheesy crackers, peanut snack packs, fruit snacks, and other such items. I have had two daughters at the toddler stage and succeeded with a snack drawer that is within arms reach. Now I have a son who is toddler age and my snack drawer is failing me...It has become open for business at all times of the day for my little man. My kids ask permission 95% of the time and they know that it is closed for business after 4:00. Up until Diesel was about 16 months all was well but now, he is a free for all with it. After being out on a fabulous dinner and shopping escapade with one of my favorites, I came home to an amazing amount of wrappers on the ground. When my husband explains that it is too hard to keep him out of it. The next day the famous drawer that I have watched my sister-in-laws agonize over keeping their children out of is no longer. It is in my pantry where the door can be closed right next to my huge box of Halloween candy. Safe until Diesel figures out door knobs :)

5 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

wow, that is a great drawer, every toddlers dream. good for you for making it through four kids with it.

Unknown said...

My kids would not be able to have the self control... ours is now all in the pantry with a child-knob thing on the door :)

Oh, and that thing we were talking about yesterday? It was not, I repeat, NOT observed :) lol

Suzanne said...

hallelujah!! I don't know if it's harder to keep my kids out if it, or myself! :)

Jenni said...

You were famous for your snacks even before the snack drawer. I think Wynden is using Diesel as a cover for himself.

Vashti said...

Olivia loves coming to your house for many, many reasons...one of them being that magical snack drawer!