Friday, November 12, 2010

Nominated for mom of the year...


Wednesday night we were so close to bedtime, so close to a day without any accidents when Diesel touched the fireplace glass and gave his poor little hand quite a burn. At first I didn't think it could be that bad because Karlee had just turned on the fireplace, so it couldn't be that hot yet. And secondly, Diesel wasn't stand up by the glass he had just been reaching for his ball that he threw up by it. Well it was pretty bad the whole palm of his hand blistered immediately and he cried pretty hard for 3 hours.




On Thursday morning I had scheduled yearly visits for Hallie and Diesel not realizing that there was no school or else I would have never actually planned to take all five kids to sit in a small room the size of a spare bathroom for an hour while the doctor examined the kids. While checking in, the receptionist asked if I had time to fill out the growth questionnaires that they sent me in the mail, I said yes and handed them to her and she said how great I was. I just smiled knowing inside that she maybe wouldn't think that if she knew that it was while I was filling them out that Diesel burnt his hand.




It actually was perfect timing him burning his hand and all because then at the doctors they prescribed some burn cream and gave instructions for how to wrap his hand for the next 5-7 days. So then we left the office Diesel sporting a new wrap on his hand for the next few days and his stitched up forehead that will dissolve in the same amount of time. Both of which clearly put me in the running for mom of the year right!?

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

poor kid... he's having a rough week! wishing you an uneventful weekend!

Unknown said...

It happens to all of us :)

Musicmom-Amy said...

What a little trooper! Both you and Diesel.

Lydia said...

Ouch! I'm afraid that might happen to us this winter :( Even though he knows not to touch, he will.

Jayme! You could have dropped the kids of here. Call me anytime.

kaitlyn said...

these are what my mom calls "loser mom stories"

unfortunately, we all have them.

Unknown said...

When I was telling Ben about this. He said at least she didn't close the van door on her 2 year olds head,cracking it wide open. We will not name the mother who did this, but said child is now 19 and doing fine.

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

As my doc says, "It's not the first time and probably won't be the last time it'll happen." That was him reassuring me. ha ha! Boys are just a whole different ball game than girls! :) You're a great mama!

ellie said...

I hadn't checked in on your blog for a while - poor Diesel!! That happened to Ben's little Blakey too! He touched it to help himself stand up. It was awful - his whole palm was blistered. then just a few months ago Griffey pulled Brit's hair straightener off the counter in the bathroom and of course it landed perfectly across the top of his hand - same thing. a horrible burn and blistering. Amazing that everyone eventually makes it to adulthood - well somewhat! Hope you guys are doing well and life is going well with an even busier schedule for Wynden. I am glad to hear that you are so happy. So many people aren't and you are right it is a choice. Thanks for always making me laugh when I read your blog - you are amazing!!