Friday, November 5, 2010

deja vu


































































That is how I felt getting off the plane in Long Beach California two weeks ago. The plane ride went fabulous from checking, security, loading, and the flight. Then as if last year replayed itself karlee for some unknown reason lost it as we were exiting the aircraft. She did not want to move. She pulled this stunt once before, but only because we had said she could go first and Hunter went, but this time we said no such thing. She screamed all the way through the airport across the street and until Wynden got the rental car. I of course just kept smiling nodding my head as people passed saying "she's just tired, long flight" "yes I know we have a lot of kids".



Our trip was great. We had a wonderful time. Very relaxing. We went to Knott's Berry Farm again, which was a lot of fun. I got a little brave and rode two big roller coasters, the boomerang and ghostrider. I am quite sure that was the last time I will ever ride those. Ghostrider is nonstop downhill one right after the other. My stomach was in knots after.


We spent most of our time in Palm Springs. Wake-up, eat breakfast, go down to the pool, eat lunch, go back down to the pool, nap time, go to dinner, pool, bedtime and repeat for the next eight days. Our last night we spent in Oceanside, so we were very close to Legoland. We went and parked and played for the last hour they were open for free, which I totally loved. We got to spend a little time with my friend Allyson and her family. All in all it was a great ten days. The plane ride home went great and Karlee exited the plane like a champ thank goodness.

4 comments:

Vashti said...

I'm glad that you had so much fun! I love the face that Hallie is making in that first picture, so funny!

Unknown said...

So fun :)

There's a lady who works at True Value who asked me, when I had no kids with me (did she remember me? I don't know...), if I ever got tired of the comments people make at the store. I was like "YES!" She said, "people are ridiculous, it's not a big deal to have more than 2 kids". I liked her :)

Also, I think Kevin and Hunter have matching swim trunks? Not the same size though :)

Musicmom-Amy said...

What?!?! No Xcelerator for you? No worries, I wouldn't doo that either. I just held the bags ;D Camp Snoopy roller coaster is more my speed. SOunds like a wonderful vacation.

Jeremy Saunders said...

i am so jealous, that sounds like a perfect vacation. Sun, swim, relaxing and eating. By the way, I CANNOT even imagine Karlee this way. She is an angel at preschool--seriously an angel and my big helper this year, she even lets Hallie walk all over her.
Also, you are crazy competitive, and LAST, I'm sorry, but I LOVE Otis Spunkmeyer, I buy the big Costco box and it's gone within a few days. It's so delicious and smells wonderfuL! Maybe you should bake me some chocolate chip cookies that you prefer so I know what real good ones taste like :) HEE HEE!
Mimi