Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Wynden!































Wynden's 36Th birthday was Saturday (what an old man-rounded up he is closer to 40, time for a new younger husband I guess). We have been so busy this summer that all he wanted was some relaxation for his special day, so we decided to head up to Whistler just the two of us for the weekend. We had a great time. We ate too much, slept a normal amount, and laid by the sun and just relaxed. For Wynden's birthday dinner he picked the Mongolie Grill to eat at. You fill your bowl with vegetables, meat, or whatever they have at their bar and they grill it for you like stir fry. The problem with this one was that they weigh it and so you really don't know how much your spending. We're used to just one price for all you can eat. It was pretty expensive, but Wynden got a free birthday dessert, so that helped. The funniest part of the whole trip was when we first got up to our room we walked in and it was really nice. A nice sized kitchen when you first walk in which opened up to a couch area with a flat screen TV. I was like wow Wynden this is pretty nice. Then I was like where's the bedroom, so Wynden was looking by the bathroom and across from the bathroom was a door, but only if you were sharing the room next door would you open it. I was like I think that this couch is the bed. I can't believe that we are going to be sleeping on a hideabed. Wynden then called down to the front desk and said "so do we pull our bed out of the couch?" It was pretty funny. We book our hotels through hotels.com and it said a queen bed not a couch bed. Anyway they refunded some of our money, but sleeping on a pull out bed is not very comfortable. Oh well at least I wasn't woke by a little one at 2:00 in the morning. Whistler is such a pretty place. When we came home on Sunday there were steaks and a cake waiting for him. The kids had made him cute cards. It was a great weekend.

3 comments:

Vashti said...

Happy Birthday to Uncle Winnie! A couch bed? That is the pits! Glad you were able to get away!

Peter and Lesha said...

what a great idea I am going to look up whistler right now! I never think of that place :) hahaha couch bed that made me laugh plus you get away way too much for me to feel bad for you :) hahaha you totally deserve it though, happy birthday

Unknown said...

That's a way funny story. Something that would totally happen to us.

Happy Birthday, Presidente :)