Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Adventures of Summer












Ferndale Parade...My dad's big truck pulling the Windermere "float




























Windermere Party















Bowling for kids







Looking back over these past couple of months I cannot believe how much my kids got to do. They are so lucky (or spoiled depends on how you look at it). Hunter was lucky enough to go to cub scout camp for a week just during the afternoon. I signed up for the bowling for kids deal - not worth it - we only went once. Birthday parties, Whistler, The fair, the tractor show, the rodeo, $1 movies at the mall, parks, swimming at Homestead, parades, Lake Whatcom, the waterslides, and of course Windermere's family party, which is amazing: A jumpy castle, face painting, spinning art, all you can eat snowcones and cotton candy, boat rides, and tubing. Needless to say I am glad that school is starting not because I want to get rid of my kids, but so I am forced to slow down.







Hunter in his cub scout atire.

3 comments:

Vashti said...

I keep waiting for life to slow down, but without having school age kids I can still cram a ton of stuff into my day! I have never really taken advantage of the $1 movie thing, I need to do that someday!

Peter and Lesha said...

wow, I was tired just reading it :) they are lucky kids

Lydia said...

I'm cracking up at Hunter's beard and 'stache!

Very lucky kids :)