Thursday, April 29, 2010

Do the Potty Dance!

See video first http://vimeo.com/8765967

This guy's mom must be so proud. Speaking of proud mamas, Hallie is potty trained (or close enough)! I was so scared to potty train her (you would think with her being the fourth child I would be a pro right). She was really ready last summer believe it or not, but I wasn't, so then she forgot how and never wanted to. I missed my opportunity. She is enrolled for preschool for the next school year and I began to feel some pressure. Two weeks ago she tinkled for the first time since summer on the toilet. Then the beginning of last week I started putting underwear on her all day. She was a pro. She has conquered all challenges on the toilet and even stays dry during nap and every night except for one. We left the house on several occasions and she made it through. I am always thinking that Hallie is younger at this age than the other kids were, but I think I cut her short on the ability she has to do things. I tell her all the time "you are so good at this" and she says "I know I am". She is one smart cookie after all. Her reward...Chuck E Cheeses. Yea for Hallie.

7 comments:

jenn gent said...

Yea for Hallie!!! Anna Kate is almost there too. We thought she was there and her reward was also Chuck E Cheese. We went and the next day she had TWO ACCIDENTS! Ugh!

Unknown said...

You give me courage! I have had one potty training disaster and since then, I'm so scared! Especially since Russ is my first boy... it just seems different!

Lydia said...

That's great!! I always feel so relieved once potty training is done. Way to go Hallie! She's so cute.

Vashti said...

Go Hallie, Go Hallie!!

Suzanne said...

can i leave blake with you for a week or so!? good job hallie!!

Musicmom-Amy said...

I have to say, that potty training my kids was one of the least pleasurable experiences EVER!! Hooray for Hallie!!!

Boys are most definitely easier!! At least mine were.

Peter and Lesha said...

I will soooo be calling you!!