While I was at the mall the other day with the three youngest, I did get something accomplished. I got my wedding ring cleaned and examined. The lady informed me that one of my six prongs on my big diamond was broke and one prong on one of my little diamonds was broke too. I of course asked how much and she figured that it would cost about $185.00. WOW I was like my ring was cheaper than that (just joking). So I said I would think about what I wanted to do.
Yesterday we celebrated Easter with my family, a bit late I know. I put potatoes in my oven and then we headed to my parents house while they cooked (they live around the corner). I came back to put cheese on them and bring them back with me. While I was putting the cheese away in the fridge drawer, my ring caught on the top of the drawer. Right away I knew that was not good and sure enough one of my little diamonds was gone. I looked for awhile, but thought to myself this will be next to impossible to find. It is so small like the size of a little freckle. Yes freckles are all different sizes :). I was thinking I should have just let them fix it the other day because now a new diamond would be a lot more than just fixing the prongs. I looked again when we got back for awhile. I couldn't help but think about on TV when people are looking for something the camera always shows where it is when they leave the room I felt like this was happening to me. I mean it had to be somewhere right.
One of my goals for today was to mop. My floors were getting pretty gross. It seemed like at every attempt I was striking out. Finally I swept and right before I was going to put it in the dust pan I thought I should pay attention to these crumbs maybe my diamond will be in them and right at that time there it was right before my eyes. I will go now and get those prongs fixed.
6 comments:
That's a scary story! I think I have some prongs that need to be fixed as well. Looking for things brings me an insane amount of stress :) I don't know why! Unless it's something Kevin or Sydney "can't find" because they are the world's worst lookers and I can find anything they need within seconds :)
We bought a warranty/protection thing with my ring so I get free prong fixes, resizes, and refinishing (it is white gold so every so often then have to treat it to keep it white). Maybe there is something like that that you could get for your ring?? That is a lot of money to get it fixed!
That's good you found it!
I wish my ring fit me now...
funny growing up my mom lost her big diamond and offered 11 dollars to anyone who found it, i looked down and there it was by my chair, she had to pay up
100 dollars not 11
Funny I was going to share the same story lesha shared...I won't now.
I'm glad you found your diamond.
Post a Comment