Thursday, April 8, 2010
Remember that Seinfeld episode...
You know the one where George got a massage and it was by a man. Afterwards George questioned his sexuality. Anyway I'm not saying my experience was the same, but it is just weird getting a massage by a man. Every year Wynden's boss gets him a gift certificate to the Chrysalis in Bellingham. We have a couple that we haven't used yet, so with school on mid-winter break a few weeks ago, I decided to take advantage of babysitters during the daytime and go and get me a massage. I had a kinked neck at the beginning of the week and so I thought it would feel really good to do this and the fact that I love massages. Usually when you book the appointment they tell you who you will be with, but not the case this time and I really didn't think anything of it. When I got there they checked me in and said Evan would meet me in the relaxation room. EVAN! I knew it would be awkward, but I guess I just wanted to make the best of it. We got to the room and he asked if there were any places that needed special attention. I of course said my lower back and neck. Then he asked if he should focus only on those spots or a full body. I said full body, but no buttocks (I've only had this once and lets just say I was shocked and uncomfortable as the lady rubbed down my hiney). He said I'm glad you said something and I was thinking so am I! It was the worst massage ever. He was shaking badly (not sure what he was needing) and he wasn't very gentle. At one point he stretched my leg with my knee bent all the way to my chin, which I've never had done at a massage. Also when he was massaging my hand he rested my elbow on his big belly. He also used oil to massage my face, which I'm thinking that's going to look weird when I go shopping afterwards. He also massaged my scalp and when I got to the mirror let's just say there was not enough hairspray to fix that. Overall it was just a very weird hour. I miss you Jennifer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Not so weird that he was a man but that he was one dang weird man.
That sounds like one ODD massage!!! I've had massages there before and they are just divine. But never any bending stuff like that.
I agree, massaging the hiney was weird. That's only happened once to me and I don't want that again. At least it was with the sheet on or it wouldn't have been a pretty sight ;D
wow. I'm still laughing! :)
no sheet Amy
SERIOUS?!?! Without a sheet? Oh my! :o I guess they just wanted a little peek at you Jayme ;D
I have been REALLY wanting a massage lately BUT not so much now!
Thanks!!
April
That's so gross. I agree with Jenni :)
Wait! NO SHEET?
funny, I would have asked for someone different I don't think I could have done it:)
Post a Comment