For ten years I worked at a drive thru espresso that my parents owned. Sometimes I remember things that people would say to me. Most of the time I crack up, but for some reason I don't think I will ever find what this person said to me funny. He told me that I looked like Chelsey Clinton...What do you even say back to that? Certainly not thanks. We have all seen what she looks like. I have heard several jokes making fun of the way that she looks. Is it even called a compliment if you don't think it is nice? What is the worst compliment you have ever received? I think that one tops my list.
p.s. I hope you all laughed about the Chelsey Clinton look-a-like and if you think that I do look like her or resemble her in any way I don't want to hear it. Capisce.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i'll have to think about that one... but for the record you look NOTHING like that girl!
my brothers basketball coach said, while i was holding one week old Kate, wow your busy and you have another one on the way? I was so not pregnant and if this ding a ling knew anything about child birth she would have known this would have been impossible. I have to say I did look seven months prego fir about a month after I had Kate but have some common sense lady!
I don't think you look anything like her, seriously. Some people are just crazy annoying and/or weird.
You know a look a like thing is ligit if multiple people tell you that you look like 'said' celebrity. (IE me and Barbara Streisand every five minutes). So a one time statement I wouldn't worry about it.
When I first started to read this post I thought it was going to be about how people always tell you that you have your hands full, or something like that. Who was the customer by the way... would I remember them?? I bet it was 'park in the middle of drive and walk up to the window, NF hot chocolate creepy old man' guy.
That's redonculous... it's like how girls with curly hair always "looked just like Annie" when I was a kid :) Whatever.
I was once told I look like Jodi Foster... I choose to think of her as an adult, not in Freaky Friday! Ugh!
I used to have people tell me all the time that Celina looked Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen when they were little on Full House. Okay, personally, I think they were the funniest looking kids I have ever seen on tv. I would just smile and say thank you but inside I was so not impressed!
No one has ever said that I looked like anyone but I did receive a strage statement (it wasn't a compliment...at least I don't think). In Texas we were probably the only white people in that part of town. Seriously, there were two other couples in our ward who weren't hispanic. Of course we noticed this when we first moved there but then got used to it and never even thought about it. One day I was out walking Kaden in the park across the street when I got stopped by this man who said "You know, you're the only white person I've seen around here in a long time." What do say to that? I really didn't have anything to say. He wasn't being rude or I wasn't scared about it but he just pointed out the obvious. Afterwards I was super paranoid that every person who saw me was thinking about that (and received a few other rude comments later on. Thankfully we've moved)
Post a Comment