Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hold the BBQ Sauce Please!!!











A few weeks ago when Wynden's mom was here, we went to Red Robin for dinner. With Wynden's brother's kids along there are 9 children with not so many adults :) I think it is overwhelming for others dining there. Our waiter was great. He brought out fries before the meal for us to munch on and for some reason he brought some BBQ sauce for dipping. Anyway I didn't really think too much about the spot where he set it down because I was starving and so was everyone else so we all dug in. Moments later out of the corner of my eye I notice something peculiar about Diesel so I take a closer look and the little stinker did notice where the waiter had set the sauce, he had grabbed it, and was covered (so was I). Little did we know that this would not be our last situation with BBQ sauce.

A couple of nights ago we had just gotten all the kids to bed except Diesel. I usually hold him and give him a bottle, so he stays up a little later than the rest. While I was getting the bottle ready he was looking in the fridge and managed to grab a little McDonald's BBQ dipping sauce. I didn't think anything of it because I thought I would get it later after I laid him down. To be honest with you I wasn't sure where he put it. I gave him his bottle and he was pretty wide awake, so I set him down to play. Wynden and I were just watching Parks and Rec when all of a sudden Wynden says what is all over him and I look over and sure enough he had gotten into that sauce and what seems like a small container can sure go a long way. This late at night my emotions can go either way and this night I found it quite funny. BBQ sauce is not the easiest smell to get out of carpet or off your rock fireplace. Obviously Parks and Rec must have been pretty entertaining not to notice the little turkey making a mess. The Office on the other hand was quite a disappointment as far as season finales go.

5 comments:

Alana said...

Mmmm bbq sauce! Yeah, the office finale was a bummer but at least Holly is going to come back.

Vashti said...

AWESOME!! It looks like Diesel was really enjoying himself! Nothing like a night cap of BBQ sauce to get you ready for bedtime!

Suzanne said...

and he was pretty proud of him self it seems! go D!

Unknown said...

That's too funny :)

And I didn't even realize that was the finale of the Office! LAME!

Peter and Lesha said...

awesome! messy kids are great for those not involved but it makes for cute pics and good stories