Well the time has come to start spending millions on orthodontics. My sweet Lexi has the worst teeth ever known to man. She has a horrible overbite and a lot of crowding. My mom figures after all my sisters and my ortho work she bought our orthodontist's boat. I suppose it's my turn now. The first real appointment, she had to have impressions. So they shove this molding stuff in Lexi's mouth to make a mold of her teeth . Poor Lexi is gagging and dry heeving during the 2 minute ordeal. Hunter was with us. I was busy paying attention to Lexi to notice Hunter. Another assistant in the office pointed to him and asked if he was ok, so I turn and look and there is Hunter sympathy gagging for Lexi. His face all red and tears streaming down his face from gagging so hard. I was just waiting for him to throw up. I'm like come on Hunter get a grip, don't look at her if it is too much for you. We made it through with no mess thank goodness. She will start out with a wire on the bottom to try and make it so each tooth so its own space. In two years, she will be a metal mouth. I had braces for three years from 3rd to 6th grade I am so glad my teeth were fixed I had some real buckeroos for my front ones. Lexi already has such a sweet smile that hopefully we can rope those front ones in and she will have an even better one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
you should just carry barf bags with you wherever you go. hunter is hilarious!
lexi will do great with braces. she is so lucky to get them done so early. my teeth weren't fully ready for braces until like 10th grade and i had them on until the end of 11th grade. way better to get it done in elementary or middle school. i just love her! she is so cute and has the greatest personality.
That molding stuff is AWFUL!!! I don't blame her at all. But welcome to the ortho club ;D 3 out of my 4 have had them.
Oh gosh, Hunter is so sweet! Last time we went to the dentist, they said Brins has a storm brewing in her mouth... but she hasn't lost any teeth yet, so we've got a while :)
My brother's eyes water like CRAZY if you even mention eye irritation, or rub your eyes in front of him, etc :) Still! And he's 26 :)
get them now, while your young :) I should have and would have but didn't. hunter is sweet.
You should sneak extra barf bags from the airplane next time. I can't believe that his eyes were watering from all the gagging!
Madison has had ortho appliances since January. They are pretty cool because they allow her jaws to grow to let the bigger teeth in. They are a little tough to talk with though!
I always hated doing impressions on kids! Their mouths are so small and it feel like you are going to choke to death on the stuff! I'm sure the assistant was ready though because those rubber bowls do double duty as barf bowls sometimes. Yuck.
i feel your pain, we have TWO in braces...we figure we could have bought a brand new car or taken two really super nice vacations by now...but nice teeth is so worth it to give to your children.
m
I hope Matt reads your blog - too funny!! Poor Hunter - just think what he will be like when it really is his turn!! I always get a good laugh when I ready our posts!! Thanks for sharing.
Poor Lexi....and poor Hunter! I can't imagine how he will be when his wife is in labor! On a side note, that boy is going to get me a baby, I just know it!
Post a Comment