I got my hair done on Tuesday. I love getting it done, it is very relaxing. I take Lexi with and while I am under the dryer she gets her haircut. We've been doing this for a couple of years now. I remembered a good haircut story from a few years back.
When I was pregnant with Lexi, we went to Florida for a vacation. Wynden needed a haircut really bad so we went to a mall there hoping to find a cheap place. While he was getting his cut I looked at some magazines and found a shorter cut that I thought would look good. Rule #1 when you are pregnant it is not a very good idea to cut your hair short, for me anyway it makes my face look even fatter. Rule #2 never cut your hair at a place that does not speak very good English. I showed the picture to the lady and away she went. During the cut Wynden found out she was from Brazil. He served a mission there and is fluent in Portuguese, so they started talking Portuguese, having a good time communicating, and so what seemed like forever and a lot of cutting she was done. Well let's just say it was not like the picture... At all. I have naturally curly hair and without the proper cut it can be a little crazy.
Well I hated my hair, but what do you do right?! So we got home and I went back to work. A lot of people said "you got your haircut" it's cute certainly did not follow. I love it when someone points out either a haircut, a new shirt, or something, but that's it, no I like it or it looks good. That is an obvious that they don't like it right. Anyhow the first day back this is what one of my regulars said to me. First of all he was in line behind another car and as I was handing the first car their drink I looked back to see who was in line, so I could start on their drink (I had quite a few regulars memorized) and there he was his head sticking out his window and moving it side to side saying no and shaking his finger at me as well. He pulls up to the window and says "why would you cut your hair?" and then proceeds to say "if you were my wife you'd be sleeping on the couch" All I could do was laugh and thank him for his $.30 tip off of his $.70 coffee with cream and sugar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I remember when that happened! Maybe my memory isn't as good as it should be, but I don't remember it looking BAD? You should have included a picture with the post so we could all marvel at the haircut ;)
That's funny! What's worse though...having a bad haircut or your husband letting you know it would be okay to get your hair done!
April
You're posts crack me up.
What a cute tradition you have of taking Lexi with you to get your hair cut. Love it!
I agree....where the picture?
Post a Comment