This past weekend we went on a road trip to Montana for Wynden's cousin's wedding reception (they were married in November and were just now able to have a party). We left at 4:00 am on Thursday and got into Missoula around 12:30 pm. Wynden and I were shocked at how well the trip went. We only stopped once and the kids behaved better than a normal trip into Bellingham :) We stayed at a fabulous hotel with a water park and breakfast buffet (what else can you ask for). We ate way too much, shopped quite a bit, and just relaxed. The reception was on Saturday. We reconnected with Wynden's Aunt Judy, Uncle Darryl, cousin Diana and family, Uncle Dick and Aunt Carla, cousin Benji, and the new bride Andrea and her husband Shaeleesh (he's East Indian). We really don't see Wynden's dad's side of the family much or his mom's side either, so it was a nice little reunion. The ride home went just as smooth, with only two quick stops. Montana seems like such an easier way of living. Wynden often times talks about moving there and how life would be so easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
But are you saying they were rednecks? :) Kidding! When I was a little girl, I used to tell people I was going to marry a cowboy from Montana :)
It looks like a great trip!
What a fun hotel! I love Hallie's face in the post-waterslide pic...FUN!
We stayed in Missoula only one night during our trip cross country and I thought it was great. I loved how cold it got at night in the middle of July!!!
how fun what a fun motel you are braver with five than I am with one driving to seattle makes me want to jump out of the car:) I love water parks though they are the best, love the last pick of your little man smiling.
jonathan always says if one of them goes... they'll all follow! so we all may end up in montana someday! glad you had a great trip!
Post a Comment