Monday, September 7, 2009

"You'll have a scar there to remind you of this day for the rest of your life"







That is what the doctor told my niece as he put six stitches above her eye right below her eyebrow. We (by we I mean Hunter and Diesel) were in the next room getting stitched up ourselves. What could have happened to bring two kids ages 5 and 6 into the urgent care walk-in clinic on a bright Friday afternoon you might ask. Well we have a golf cart and we have such a good time with it. I use it to bring Lexi to the bus on rainy days and everyday when I am pregnant no matter rain or shine :) This summer we started letting Lexi and Hunter drive it. I had just let my friend Tina know how careful Hunter is when he drives it...Let's just say Hunter was not being very careful. Hunter was driving with my niece Hannah and my nephew Wally as passengers, and he was screwing around. Wally warned Hunter to watch where he was going and Hunter looked him right in the eye and said I am just as he smacked full speed into my niece, Elizabeth's Honda Accord. Did he hit the corner of the bumper you might ask, maybe barely just nick it?? No he hit it dead on. The wheels were not even turned a little. Golf cart meet passenger side back door. In his defense I guess you could say that car is normally not parked there as he usually just circles the house over and over again. Lots of screaming, lots of blood, "Am I going to die mom", and thankfully no ER trip. It could have been a lot worse. More kids could have been in the golf cart. The golf cart still runs, the Accord has a small dent, but we are all alive and well, the swelling has gone down and Hunter looks like Hunter again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Scary though!

Last night was fun, thanks! :)

Vashti said...

OH no!! What a way to end your week, I'm glad that no one was seriously hurt!

Jenni said...

Wow... it creates quite a visual. Glad everyone survived. Hope the emotional scars heal with the physical ones. When you bought the golf cart I never imagined something like that happening.

JenM. said...

Has Hunter's golf-cart license been revoked?