Wednesday, September 30, 2009

If I could turn back time...

Two weeks ago we sent our hard drive to a place I think in Minnesota (I forget now) anyway they are suppose to be really good. We were referred to them by Windermere's computer guy. So basically you send them your hard drive and your email address. They look at the hard drive and get whatever they can off it and then email you the files they found and how much for each file. If they find nothing then it costs you nothing. They emailed Wynden and they found NOTHING. The next step is $600 and that does not guarantee that they will find anything. Needless to say we are stopping now. One years worth of pictures lost. Sad. I wish sometimes there was a small rewind button that we could push once a year. On the positive side of things because I try to find something good out of every situation. I am behind about a year and half on each kids scrapbook and with so little of pictures to scrap, I clearly will catch up a lot quicker don't you think :) I am grateful for my blog, looking back on it I do have at least some pictures.

5 comments:

kaitlyn said...

Jayme: I have been working on putting all the pictures i have of you guys in a folder on the computer. i will have it finished by sunday... good idea? then at least you will have some. so sorry.

Musicmom-Amy said...

Yikes!!! So now just make a page in the kids scrapbooks letting them know why there are hardly any pics.

I have an external hard drive that I backup everything to. I've been thinking of going to an on-line backup service but Rob thinks it's over kill. I think I'm more paranoid than he is.

JenM. said...

Sad! I second Amy: an external hard-drive is a really good idea. There are also programs online that will back up your computer everytime you turn it on. It's pretty cheap, and totally worth it!

Unknown said...

Yikes! Did you try the "puter guy" locally? Because he's really good...

Peter and Lesha said...

that does stink good thing you have so much family that should have good pictures. Carson turned off our server the other day and we lost our blog i thought it was permanent but thanks to peters long hours we got it back but I can't imagine loosing all those pictures. SO sorry that happened.