


This one's for you Amy.
My hair has been curly from the day I was born. Some might think that us naturally curly haired people are so lucky and our hair is so easy to do. NOT! Both of my parent's mothers had curly hair, so it skipped a Generation and went double whammy on me. Growing up I was a bit of a tom boy curly hair was very girly and I hated it. My mom loves to tell the story of when I was about 4-5 years old I was in the bathroom after a tub and I came running down the stairs (I had just spent an eternity brushing my wet hair as straight as I could) and I was like "mom, mom my hair is straight now" and she said by the time I had gotten down the stairs my hair had curled back up and I would cry and cry. Another way to torture me was every once in while for church my mom would put these crocheted curly things around my hair in a ponytail. I hated them. I already didn't like my curls and so these hair pieces to me only added to the curls. It wasn't until I was in Jr high that I finally came to peace with my hair and learned how to control it. Good thing that I learned because it was also during these hormonal years that my hair was the curliest it has ever been in my whole life.
Worst hair cut: In 5Th grade there was a girl in my oldest sister grade named Lisa, she was a cheerleader and I loved her short hair. Also my best friend had a short hair cut. By short I mean boy short. Let's just say that short hair with my curly hair does not look good on me. My curls were confused they did not know which way to go. It was disastrous. My sister, who is a beautician kept saying we can always cut more off later, but we can't glue it back on and I kept saying keep cutting.
Nowadays I go to Melissa at Northwest Hair Design in Lynden. My sister cut my hair for years until I wanted to start highlighting it. She only liked to do the cap (and being her sister she wasn't as gentle as one would like :) and I prefer being foiled.
6 comments:
awww, cute photos :)
I feel your pain! I only really figured out how to master doing my hair in the past 7 years or so. All my pictures of me all through high school are horific!
ok wow no denying that your kids are yours then I see so much of Lexi and Carlee in those pictures. so cute I would kill for curly hair so no complaining. fun night the other night thanks for the work out :) would not have done it on my own.
I so see Hunter in those pictures. Minus the curly hair those. You were adorable. See I still covet curly hair. I have the opposite of hair stories - perms gone bad!!!
you are frickin hunter sr. PERIOD.
WOW, now I know what Hunter would look like as a girl!
The grass is always greener on the other side :) I was just complaining this week that I can never do "messy" hair because my hair just straightens itself out... no matter what! Ugh!
Post a Comment