Monday, May 16, 2011

Reason #214 I can't wait for school to be out...

I will no longer have to pack lunches :) It really does not take that long, but for some reason it is such a big pain to me. I would love for the kids to get hot lunch, but the food is disgusting. They will only for sure eat tacos or nachos. Hunter will have it more than Lexi, but even that is a rare occasion. I remember hot lunches being so good back in the olden days. We always got dessert of some sort whether it was jello with a little cool whip on it or a huge monster cookie (these were my all time favorite). From french dips to even the hamburgers everything except the hot dogs I would eat. Now when I go to have lunch at the school with the kids I won't touch most of the food it usually gives me a stomach ache. I would have the kids pack their own lunches, but jam usually makes its way to the floor, which is then stepped in and found all over my kitchen.

PS I don't think I could really come up with 214 reasons :)

4 comments:

Vashti said...

Hot lunches were always so magical for me too! Although I am not sure what food isn't magical to me...

Unknown said...

Yeah, and I'm sick of buying all the "lunch stuff" although, I guess I like having it around during the summer to grab, so I'm not off the hook yet!

Jenni said...

One word.... Uncrustables. They will change your lunch making world.

Peter and Lesha said...

is it bad that i can think of about 214 reason I want my kids in school :) hahaha just today we have colds here that I am ready to be rid of. thankfully it is nice and we have been in the yard. Yes I loved school lunches and if my mom was packing it, it was some healthy crap that i am thankful for now but hated as a kid