Friday, May 20, 2011

I know a place, Where the grass is really greener!


California girls, we're unforgettable,
Daisy dukes, bikinis on top!
Sunkissed skin,
So hot we'll melt your popsicle!

Well the time has finally come and a good friend is off to new adventures. She is probably arriving at her destination shortly. We will definitely miss you Vashti! You have been a great friend. Not too many other friends would watch someones kids twice so they could go to Mexico. It feels like yesterday when I met you and thought you were this quiet young woman from Everson. I gave you a job at the coffee and then at Izzys and soon got to know you better. You no longer were this quiet girl that I had first perceived. You were full of spunk and gas and I never left being with you without laughing so hard it made me cry. From Twilight movies, basketball, coffee meetings, your kill me workouts, our date at the Hearthfire, the fair, and just hanging out, I have many many good memories of you and they are all very happy ones and I thank you for that. I love how passionate you are about life. I love how excited you get about the simple things. I mean who else cries over eating crab for the first time. I didn't really think your leaving would bother me so much until I sat down to write this post and could not hold back my emotions. I am so happy that you and Marcus are together again. So here's to you Vashti I think you are pretty special and I hope you have a blast in California and never forget us rainy Washington folk.

6 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

oh that made me cry, and I would love to watch your kids so you could go to mexico anytime, if it means living in that mansion for a couple days my kids wont know what hip them :) she is so special and I am sure she will enjoy the sun there :)

Delaneys in Merritt said...

AWH... Let me know when you plan to go again, and i will come and be with the kids... not that i could even begin to take your friends place... but maybe you should go see her instead of Mexico. I really would you know. Any way want to wish you a great long weekend ( if the US gets one) and happy sunshine days anyway. Thanks for your posts. They make me smile. Love you and yours. Fran.

Musicmom-Amy said...

Great feeling in this post! Just perfect. And you made me laugh about her being full of gas. Oh, I think we all KNOW how gassy this girl is. She never held back ;)

Unknown said...

<3

Andrea said...

Is that Vashti in the picture??
Sweet post for a very special (but not quiet) lady!!

Vashti said...

Jayme! We will miss you guys like crazy!
Andrea--of course that is me in that picture ;)