Friday, January 15, 2010

Pass the can opener please!

The first year we were married we had an automatic can opener. It was nice (not that I cooked a whole lot that first year). I thought it was a bit of an eye sore on the counter so I gave it to ARC. I thought it is better to have a manual one anyway in case the power went out or whatever right. Well I have like three in my drawer and it takes all I have to get those suckers to open a can. I guess you can blame it on tendinitis in my wrists from years of sports and probably old can openers too. The other day in Target I was killing time waiting for a prescription and I saw it....One touch Hands free can opener as seen on TV. It has changed my life, well not really , but it has made opening cans a lot easier on me. You simply place it on the can, push a button, and then magic! It does take batteries, but I'm always good for those (if worse came to worse one of our thousands of battery operated toys should be able to help me out). Anyway not a bad $19.99 investment.

3 comments:

Vashti said...

We have one that plugs into the wall, but strangely I prefer my kitchenaid hand one instead!

Peter and Lesha said...

you are too funny, are you a commercial buyer? if you see it on a commercial and it looks cool you buy it? we used to have an electric one growing up and when I got married I honestly didn't even know how to use the manual ones, sad hu:)

Unknown said...

LOL! Your last 3 posts were really funny :) I can only use the kind of manual can opener that has the long handle... the other ones all blow my mind :)