Wednesday, January 13, 2010
It's the stuff in the turkey don't you know...
During Thanksgiving time, I bought a cheap turkey from Safeway. I didn't really have any room in my freezer, so I took it to my parents house and we agreed to freeze it there and then eat it together. We had it for dinner last week and after dinner (even though my mom made everything) I was so tired. I told my mom I was tired and it must be because of the stuff that's in the turkey (tryptophan), which reminded me of a funny thing I use to tell people. I knew turkey had a substance in it that makes you tired (from the toy Seinfeld episode of course), but for some reason I mixed it up with a different term. I remember telling people all day at the coffee drive thru that I couldn't wait for Thanksgiving blah blah blah and you eat so much and then you're tired because turkey has aphrodisiac in it. I probably talked to oh 15 people or so that day about this. I also worked at Izzy's, so I'm sure I threw it out there too. Now in case you're confused an aphrodisiac is an agent which acts on the mind and causes the arousal of the mood of sexual desire (straight out of Webster himself). No one corrected me, no one laughed. At least spare me the embarrassment of saying it to someone else people. I see people all day long and have to come up with some material to get me through the day, but no one did, no one said anything. That is until I said aphrodisiac in front of my well-educated youngest sister-in-law a few years later. I"m pretty sure she laughed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
OH MY GOSH!! That is freakin hilarious!! The kiddos are wondering why I'm cracking up... lol...thank you for the early morning laugh Jayme!! :)
Too funny!
that is great. I had that turkey question on a chemistry test in high school and have never forgotten it since, but I had no idea what that other word meant:)
I wish I would have come to the coffee shop when you were telling people that. It would have been hysterical.
aphrodisiacs = oysters, vanilla, berries, bananas
if turkey was an aphrodisiac, that would explain why i was conceived over thanksgiving time... sick.
Post a Comment