Thursday, December 11, 2008

What could we say about daddy?



The other night at dinner Lexi was telling us what she is writing about in her journal at school this week. She is writing about her family. Each page is a different person in our family. At her parent teacher conference last week her teacher told me she was trying to encourage Lexi to be more descriptive when she writes (that is the next step in her learning progression). So I told Lexi that on every page she should write something about each of us like Karlee likes to do beading or daddy has brown hair. Then everyone started saying what she could say about each person. Lexi asked "so what could I say about daddy?" And Hunter quickly replied "you could say that my daddy is fat" I about fell off my chair. I made sure to let Hunter know that that was not nice and we don't say that about people, but it still makes me chuckle just thinking about it!

4 comments:

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

YAY! You got a blog :D That's hilarious, and guys seem to be able to take comments like that, WAY better than us females...lol... Your posts are totally cracking me up too... Sorry about your tree...But it does make for a funny story...lol... :) Also I'm jealous that your babe looks like a baby... My widget baby still looks like an alien... kinda creepy... :)

Musicmom-Amy said...

That's hilarious!! All fromt he little boy who didn't want to go play with the other kids last night.

kaitlyn said...

you have got to be kidding me! that is hilarious... how did you tell him that wasn't nice with a straight face?

Suzanne said...

I just about fell out of my chair....