Monday, December 1, 2008
Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...
On Friday the day after Thanksgiving, the kids were anxious about setting up for Christmas. Wynden had brought home what he thought was an extra Christmas tree from the office. We decorated the 9 ft. tree and it looked amazing in our front room. You could see it through the window from the road and it looked marvelous if I do say so myself. On Sunday, I awoke from a nap and Lexi rushed to me as I wondered out from my bedroom to inform me that daddy had taken our tree down and delivered it to it's rightful owner. I was like "what" still half asleep. Apparently what Wynden thought was an extra tree actually belonged to a coworker of his, which he found out when they called to get the storage keys from him so they could go get their Christmas tree out. In its place is a mere 7 ft tree cheap looking as I'll get out, but it will have to do this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
We opted for a fake prelite tree-we thought it would be easier with Olivia wanting to tear everything down in sight!
that is what u get for tree-napping!
we got a cheapo one last night at walmart.... i am glad to have one up though!
didn't they make a movie about something like that..... we'll call Wynden the Grinch!
So glad to hear about tour news, that is great, I have to say you make it look easy (the mommy thing) so maybe I need lessons. So happy you started a blog too excited to see cute pics. That's funny about the tree. I don't have one yet. I just don't feel like telling Carson No, no no 10000 times. He thinks it's funny when I say no, my fault sometimes I laugh cause he does funny things and then I say no, after I laugh. not a good mom but I figure if it's the worst thing I do then hey. Anyway, long comment I know:)
That is hilarious! But I really do feel sad for you. So, did the person know that you guys had the tree or did Wynden do some swift re-con and get the tree back with them none the wiser?
The owners of the beautiful tree know that it was set up in our living room decorated and everything. The rest of the office knows as well. It made a good laugh for everyone that Monday!
Post a Comment