Last night I played basketball...It wasn't pretty. I felt off. I've been trying to figure out why. Here's my conclusion:
1. I haven't played for a week.
2. My eating habits as of late have not been let's say very healthy. During that week off I ate at two buffets (we went to Seattle to visit Jonathan and Suzanne with the kids), a steak dinner from Hearthfire, and yesterday for a late lunch after a funeral we stopped at Syros for some deep fried prawns and french fries (let's just say I felt every last bit of that "deep fried" as I ran up and down the court).
3. I sat in the hot tub before I went to play. Wynden and the kids were going out and Wynden always gives me a hard time (joking/serious) about leaving, so I thought I would have some family time before I went (I play at 8:30, so the kids are basically in bed), so I went and sat in the hot tub with them. I usually sit in the hot tub right before I go to bed. I was pretty tired and very relaxed after I got out and waited for my car pool.
What went wrong:
1. I was the other teams strongest assist (I basically turned the ball over every time I had it)
2. The ball hit me in the face during play. In all my years playing I do not believe that I have ever been hit in the face during play. That is while playing basketball. Volleyball my freshman year we were playing LC (remember like it was yesterday), after two serves falling between me and my teammate for aces, my dad with a silent gym yells "MOVE UP JAYME!" so I did and the next time the girl served the ball it hit me smack in the face. Needless to say my dad got an earful that night.
3. My teammate stepped on my workout pants tearing them up the side of the leg about 6 inches and pulling them half off me (not to worry I pulled them back up before anyone saw). This little situation did not help me any, but threw me off a little more.
After it was all over, I couldn't help but hope that I was coming down with something and the next week I could go and say "you see I was very sick the next day...up all night throwing up, it was awful, clearly my body was in the early stages" But you see I am feeling fine. No excuses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh you crack me up....i think you are always a great player....did you forget all your lay-ups or your awesome bump game!
but with you adding it all up ....the ball to the face and the ripped pants....those two things made it so not your night....other than that i did not think you stunk it up? i think we are always more critical of ourselves than anyone else because i kept thinking it was all my fault last night because i kept throwing the ball away to try for a basket....lol! i love those weekly basketball nights....so fun and so glad we started going!!!
rough night! :)
that is too funny well then if you were off what was the rest of ors problem cause you were still the best player on our team :) it was fun though and I love seeing you every week
I second Lesha-you were one of the best on our team. I'm still cracking up over the pants though....
You are still good enough... and smart enough. Just keep telling yourself that. Look in a mirror while repeating if that will help.
Post a Comment