Thursday, February 17, 2011

I think that's the best compliment I've ever received

Karlee has been playing basketball for the YMCA for these past couple of months. Seriously she is too young I knew this, but the day I signed Hunter up I must have had extra air in my head because I thought it was such a good idea to get her playing. Anyway coaches are hard to come by at this age...I wonder why maybe because I seriously have a girl sucking her thumb out on the court...what do you even do with that. You guessed it I got suckered into coaching, which has been fun and entertaining. I had to pay Karlee a $1.00 one game because nobody wanted to play the last five minutes :) Good times. She is actually very cute out there, the fact that she is the smallest by at least a foot makes her even more adorable. At the beginning of the season, she couldn't get the ball to even hit the very lowered rim, (with some protein powder and weight lifting- jk) she has since then increased her range and made a couple of baskets during the games, which gives her the best surprised look that makes me crack up. Anyway there is a kid on her team , who has a lot of energy and is actually pretty good if I could just get him to dribble with the ball, anyway one day he asked me "Are you her sister?" I cracked up thinking that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet! Gotta love that!

Jenni said...

A good coach always comes through in a pinch. The $1 trick was brilliant!

Musicmom-Amy said...

Too cute!

Peter and Lesha said...

oh my gosh I love it, you are a perfect coach and I want to know when she has a game carson would kill to come watch we walk down to the b $G club some saturdays to watch random kids play cause it's his obsession to watch basketball. I am sure she is so cute out there.

Jayme said...

Lesha her last game is on Saturday at 9 am