Monday, January 10, 2011

To boot or not to boot


Well I booted. Sometimes it takes me a while to fall in love with different fashion trends. I don't mind them on other people, but I am always a little more apprehensive on how they look on me. Take capris for example, I didn't like capris on myself for a good three years after they got popular. Now they are all that I wear during the summer. Maybe it was because of the nickers my mom made me wear as a child that I look at and think boy did I look like a freak.


Well when boots became popular I thought I will just stick with my mary janes, but then I saw some on a girl in California and they were so cute (more my style of boot). I wish I had asked her where she had gotten them so I could have done something else with my time for the last two months of looking online and in stores. Anyway I did find some that I like. They are sketchers tone-up boots, so I can actually wear them and be comfortable in them. I had them for a good two weeks before I got the courage to wear them. This picture I had Lexi take because I was going to email it to C to see if she thought I looked OK in them. Wearing boots gives you a whole new attitude.

I feel younger for some reason. I wonder how a different style of boot would make me feel. Do your boots give you attitude?

6 comments:

Vashti said...

Sassy lady! I love wearing my boots and I have been searching for a more tan color that are a little higher than the ones that I have.
I do feel fancier when I wear them, or sassier or whatever. But I am definately a fan of flat boots, not high heel ones (although I am not really a high heeled anything person right now).
The ones that I have have a little wedge but are mostly flat and I don't feel jacked up when I am walking in them.
You rock those boots girl! They look awesome on you!

Peter and Lesha said...

honey when you are that cute and skinny anything will look good, there you go I saved you lots of time :) they are cute though I want some cute ones too now is the time to buy them they are on sale all over

Unknown said...

You crack me up! I have way too many boots/shoes/heels... I love to change it up :)

Jeremy Saunders said...

oh yeah, not only does it give me attitude, it keeps me warm in the winter, AND it's the only type of footwear I can wear that does not hurt my bum foot!I only wear boots to church these days, and I am looking to buy me some uggs soon because I am FREEZING!
You look hot in them!
Mimi
PS That was the cutest phone message EVER. I saved it and am going to play it at preschool tomorrow, that was so sweet and totally made my day.

April said...

Hey HOT MOMMA!!! I agree with Lesha, I can't imagine anything NOT looking good on you.
I love my boots, they are flat and comfy. I even wear them with dresses and skirts. I am not a heel girl. I hate all heels/pumps...flats and wedges are the way to go.
April

Jenni said...

Love boots!