Friday, January 14, 2011

Blog Stalker

I admit it, I stalk a few blogs. Some of the people I've told, but there are some girls that have no idea that I read theirs and would probably wonder why since I don't know them that well, but I think it is funny to read their blog (maybe I have too much time on my hands). What's crazy is seeing these girls around town and feeling like I know them really well. I know how their Christmas was or how Tommy broke his leg or what they ate for dinner last night. I feel like I should see how their cat is doing after it's leg got run over, but since we don't really know each other too well it might be kind of awkward. I know how I feel when someone I don't know that well says that they came across my blog I instantly think what have I been writing lately? Was I funny or lame? I hope it wasn't dumb. Anyway random blogging thoughts. Do you feel funny like you know their secrets if you read their blog and they don't know you read it.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm always shocked when someone I barely know says something really personal to me, but then I think, "oh, duh... it's the blog!" I need to stop being so shocked because by the look on my face (confusion) they might think I'm a jerk :)

Lydia said...

Well, they're hardly secrets since they're broadcasting it online :)

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

LOL! Jayme, I think yours is one of my favorite blogs to read! Always keepin' it real!! :)

If I stalked a blog, I usually say something on the blog, like "found you through so-and-so's page, and just wanted to say hey" (or whatever) lol then I would avoid the whole in person awkwardness. I don't do 'in person' very well without being awkward. (With peeps I don't know too well anyway. ha ha) :)

Suzanne said...

ditto to lydia!

April said...

That's funny. My sister in law said the same thing to me last Sunday....she says it's weird seeing people she doesn't know (only through their blog) and they have no idea who she is.
Who isn't a blog stalker?!! haha
April

the story of my life... said...

You can stalk me anytime..;) and comment so I know your reading..I am back! xoxoxo

Peter and Lesha said...

you did that even before you had a blog :) you do write cute posts though

Jenni said...

I feel like I am close friends with some people I have never met. I probably will never meet them. Sometimes they inspire, intrigue or fascinate me (in both good and bad ways).