We went skating on Friday. By we I mean Lexi, Hallie, Karlee, Madison, and Katelyn. The boys went to the football game. We had a really fun time. Hallie didn't last very long as far as skating goes, but she liked watching everyone. I was a little sore the next day. A poster there says that skating works every muscle in your body.
I am ready to share a childhood story. I was very embarrassed of this story for most of my life, but I have come to embrace it and realize it is part of who I am. Just kidding. I hated my sisters who gave me the title nickname and sharing this story with any boyfriend, friend, or random stranger that they came in contact with.
Here's my story I hope I haven't blogged it before. Skating use to be very big in Lynden. Weekends it was the place to be. You could couple skate and hold the boy that you were "going out with's" hand and that was so cool. One weekend my sister talked my mom into going and she would only let her go if I went to. I was in the 4th grade and she was in the 6th. My mom wanted me there more to keep an eye on my naughty sister. The place was not very busy and my sister was hanging out with her loser friends. I had to go to the bathroom and I skated in there only to find no toilet paper, no paper towels, and a drop of urine on the toilet seat. OK I thought I can hold it. To kill the time I was playing a video game and doing really well if I remember correctly. I was also starting to do a little dance while playing the game. I could hardly hold it any more, but darn it I hated to leave the game I was doing so well and of course the bathroom situation was not good. Well you guessed it I started wetting my pants and continued wetting them as I climbed over the bench that had all the coats on it trying to get to the bathroom. Not a happy moment for me as I had to flag my sister down and tell her through my tears that I wet my pants. She of course thought it was hilarious.
2 comments:
I love that story and have some great memories of being at the skateway and yes it used to be super cool I loved speed skate and that game where they threw the dice in the air and you skated to that spot on the wall. oh the trip down memory lane I just had. such cute pic of carlee
well... it IS hilarious NOW! :) i miss my nieces!!
Post a Comment