Monday, October 18, 2010

Hold them a little closer.

With the recent tragedy that happened in Bellingham I am so much more aware of cars as I cross on a crosswalk or in parking lot. I am not only watching the cars stopped, but also those that are behind them. What a horrible thing to happen and it could have happened to any one of us. I try to learn a little from each tragedy that happens around me whether it is being more aware as you cross the street or being more cautious around water and swimming. I hope you do to :)

2 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

yeah that was awful.

Anonymous said...

I heard about what happened. It is so tragic. You just never know when someone isn't paying attention. I'm now trying to teach Kaden to look for cars before crossing the street (I know that's not quite the situation but it's something he should learn). Even when crossing in the Walmart parking lot, I squat down and we look for cars together. I feel silly doing it but I also feel like I'm doing my job when he tells ME to stop and look both ways.