The Bellingham Herald had some crazy stories yesterday that I thought I'd share.
Candy tax takes effect June 1 in Washington. If you've got a sweet tooth, you need a spreadsheet to figure out whether your favorite goodie is about to get more expensive. For example, Three Musketeers will be taxed but Milky Way will not.
Starburst, Gummi Bears and M&Ms? Yes. Nestle's Crunch and Twizzlers? No. What's the difference? Basically, flour. If the candy you like is prepared with flour it will not be subject to sales tax.
-I feel discriminated against....I hate Twizzlers
Bellingham beauty supply store robbed at knifepoint.
-was it the money they wanted? Because that's the first place I would think of too...big money makers those beauty supply stores. Maybe a bad hair day if it wasn't for the money.
Silverdale school says no to 'boobies' bracelets. A Silverdale school is asking students not to wear bracelets that are intended to teach them about breast cancer. The problem at Klahowya Secondary School is the message printed on the bracelets, "I love Boobies. Keep-A-Breast.
-Not sure what to say...
Whatcom County gets $55,000 to control invasive weed at Silver Lake.
-Is this what my candy tax is being spent on. That's a lot of money for weed control.
98-year-old Kan. woman to earn master's degree. Ochs says she intends to apply for a graduate teaching assistantship in Fort Hays' history department for next spring.
-Seriously at that age going to school would be the last thing I would want to do. I look forward to hours and hours of wheel of fortune, price is right, and Seinfeld reruns. Pretty impressive if she is still with it at that age, but I can't imagine anyone hiring her. Job interview basic question "so how long do you plan to work for us?"
Vancouver may cut non-emergency medical responses.
-I didn't realize that there were anything but emergency responses...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I hate Twizzlers too-yuck.
That "boobie bracelet" story is cracking me up!
I think you have too much time on your hands!!! But seriously - a tax on candy!!!!!
I don't read the paper so thanks for summarizing! How bizaar! I too want to know why they need so much money for weed patrol and at first I thought "weed" patrol (that makes the story a little more entertaining!)
Your too funny!
you are so funny:) thanks that was interesting though
just read andrea's blog I love why carlee loves you :)
this made me laugh. thanks jayme.
Post a Comment