Monday, February 7, 2011

What did we do before Google?

Have you ever asked yourself that question lately? I know that in the olden days we actually used encyclopedias, but we haven't seen those for years and they didn't hold information that would help us find basically anything pertaining to life. Lexi and my friend C live for google. Lexi whenever stuck with a question will always think to google. For instance one day I told her that if they were all good at church they would get a treat that started with an S when they got home. She went directly to the computer and typed in treat that starts with S. It was pretty funny because the computer told her there were over 10 pages found that matched it, but she couldn't find smoothie from it. Also with her homework it can get a little stressful sometimes as I try to remember my math and she won't believe me on some things I try to explain to her so we have to go in the computer room and google it to make sure I am right. How many times do you google a day?

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

i use it a bazillion times a day!

Jenni said...

We were less independent. I use it all day everyday. It is very liberating.

Unknown said...

Love it. And my name starts with C :)

Peter and Lesha said...

that is too funny, yeah sometimes I think computers/internet is so great but so not great at the same time. I think our world is soooo different from when my parents grew up for the better and the worse.