Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy Tuesday to you!




We had a great three day weekend. Lexi has plenty to write about for her weekend news writing assignment I'm sure.

-Favorite thing we did this weekend: Bellingham Slam game yesterday (after Diesel and Karlee fell asleep of course)

-What I am compulsive about today: Wynden's caramel popcorn he made yesterday. 1/2 of the bowl down only 1/2 left, estimated completion time: 2 hours.

-What I'm still laughing about: Any Bachalorette fans out there? Last weeks episode where Shooter revealed a little too early why he is nicknamed that. No rose for you.

-What I'm still confused about: We went to Red Robin yesterday around 4:00 and there was no waiting list of course, but we had waited for about 20 minutes while the slowest host ever was supposedly setting up our table, during which Diesel fell off the arcade car and gave himself a black eye. I see her seating two couples that came in separately after us and all the while I am thinking what is taking so long we have a game to get to. So I walk up to her and say is there a reason this is taking so long and she's like well it is a shift change for us right now and my manager is doing a game plan for the night with all the night staff waiters and so I will seat you when that is over...Really did she think that I would be like ok well when you guys are ready I will just continue to occupy our nine kids here that are hungry (Darin and his family were with us). NO. I usually don't say a whole lot, but I couldn't let this go so I say well I guess you can tell your manager that our game plan is to leave if you don't get us seated right away, so we don't miss our game. Let's just say that we were sat right away :) The manager came over to make sure everything was ok he didn't really apologize and he didn't offer anything free so I don't think that he felt very bad about it. Oh well I love Red Robin so I will let it go ...eventually.

-What I am smiling about: Hallie's made you look game she just played on me about a spider.

-What I am confused about: How I made the font italicize by accidentally pushing the wrong key.

-What I am grateful for: soccer and fastpitch seasons are over. What this means is we won't be living at Bender Fields for a while anyway. We were there four days a week for the last two months. I am so proud of Lexi though. She has always been too shy to play and she played soccer and fastpitch overcoming her fears. (Of course I'm grateful for my kids too)


5 comments:

Vashti said...

We just missed you guys at Red Robin, except we were there without our kids ;)

Suzanne said...

funny... we made wynden's popcorn this weekend too... i ate most of it myself... and it was good!

Unknown said...

Okay, love the post, firstly.

Secondly, I'm a little miffed at the "hospitality" industry right now! Is it just me or are they doing less and less to deserve tips? We were at the Rainforest Cafe a couple months ago and they were TERRIBLE. They said they just couldn't seat 8 together... 8! Said we'd have to separate and be in different sections... mind you, the place was EMPTY. I told the teenager, "no way"... she stared at me for a while, I'm not making this up... then I said, "go get your manager"... more staring from her. Me: "chop chop!" Okay, I went a little far, but it was CRAZINESS I say!

Lydia said...

Ah, weekend news :) I'm saving all of Amanda's for a book of sorts once the school year is over.

I loved watching the girls play soccer together. But I'm glad it's over too. Bring on summer!!

Peter and Lesha said...

you are way way way too nice I would have lost it especially since you have worked in that industry, I guess maybe that is why you kept your cool, again one area where Peter could say I could learn from. cute pictures of soccer.