Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Expensive Taste

Everyone who knows Wynden knows he is a cheap man. My birthday, Christmas, and Mother's Day presents always consist of an item already purchased that he'll say oh that was your present or two of our vehicles have been "my presents" even though he has ended up driving them. I am spoiled rotten though and usually get and have everything I could ever dream of.

We have gone on a few driving trips by ourselves and with Wynden's brothers. He won't let any of us drive for very long. He doesn't trust us. He had driven all night once and his brother Jonathan got behind the wheel and he had to keep one eye open and then finally when he fell asleep, he would wake every time Jonathan changed lanes, braked, or anything and start yelling at him to be more careful. Every time I have to drive his new truck he'll be like "be very very careful please"

Ok, ok I'm getting to my point I just needed to lay the ground work for the rest of my story. A few years ago I get a call from him and he says I just rear ended a car. I'm like oh no. He felt awful. Besides the fact that he knew the person and she was injured, she was driving her Mercedes. I'm sure our insurance just loved us. Yesterday he came home from work, we talked for a while and finally he said that his day was good, but would have been better if he would not have backed into a car. His truck was fine, but the BMW was not. I was like wow. You just need to take out a jaguar, and a Ferrari and then I will be impressed.

4 comments:

Vashti said...

HA ha ha ha!! What are the odds?? Expensive taste indeed ;)

Peter and Lesha said...

oh no! that stinks i love how you can both laugh at times like that, peter and i could learn lots there. good to see you today.

kaitlyn said...

how does your insurance feel about you now?

Jeremy Saunders said...

LOL! This is just like a guy huh? Jeremy gave me a really hard time for getting a parking ticket in bham ($20). Then the same week, he proceeded to get a speeding ticket and violation for having tabs that expired 4 months ago--$300 ticket!
Go figure!
mimi