The other night Hallie walked up to me and showed me some brown stuff on her hands. Oh great was my first reaction yours too I'm sure, but much to my relief she informed me it was from the granola bar she just ate. I wash her hands and then notice the brown stuff running out of her nose (my kids have had runny noses for over a month now). I'm like Hallie what is in your nose and as I'm wiping it and trying to have her blow it I am figuring it out. She stuck a chocolate chip up her nose. Why? She had no answer for me. But then I started thinking what is it with sticking foreign things up your nose. It's bad enough that our kids will pick their noses at the worst possible moments, but the things besides their little fingers that they put up there is amazing.
When Karlee was two, we were into beading (still are of course). The beading I am referring to is you put a bead on a peg board type thing and then iron them to all stick together (thanks to the Millers we have been doing this on a regular basis for about 5 years now). Karlee was quite young to be doing something that requires a steady hand, but she loved it. One night the kids were beading and Wynden and I were just sitting in the chairs and Karlee turns to me and says "I put a bead up my nose" Alrighty then, let's get it out. Well if you know Karlee you know then that all of her features are very petite and getting that bead out was next to impossible. We could see it and just almost get it out with tweezers, but that was it almost. We tried everything tweezers, a nose sucker bulb, blowing her nose, nothing worked. Madrona's after hours care couldn't get it out either. We had to go to a specialist the next day. After spraying a relaxing spray up her nose he pulled it right out. She got to pick out a bouncy ball for being so cooperative. I like to think that the ball cost me almost $300.00 because it was termed "surgery" for the visit. Yes we still have that ball.
Why would I think that they get this from me. Well my nickname for awhile when I was a kid was tape nose. I don't know if I am ready to share the story :), but let's just say scotch tape a little too far up my nose, some big tears, one huge blow, and tape ball across the room. My sisters never let me live this down. Every guy that I ever dated or thought of dated heard this story. I'm pretty sure that all their other bad habits and quirks come from Wynden though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Blech! So far, no nose issues here... however, you never know :)
I had fun yesterday, by the way :) Thanks for hosting :) Russ and Tawni had a blast too, we really should have you guys over more!
That's a riot!!! I've only had 2 kids put things up there nose ~ Amber and Robert. Robert put a popcorn kernel up there and Amber put a "sharpie" which was really one of those small baby pumpkin stems. Boy, that was fun! I'll let Rob take the credit for those.
that is too funny about Karlee, at least chocolate melts right? hahaha
My sister (Santaija) got a piece of lead from a click pencil stuck up her nose. It required Dr attention to get it out. I was only 5, but it scarred my for life so much that I have never DREAMED of putting anthing up there for fear of a Dr visit.
I am going to have to pass that one by Ben and Matt to see if they know the infamous story.!!?? I read your blog and it makes my day!!
Post a Comment