Lexi's birthday was last Saturday. It is hard to believe she is eight years old. I can remember just like it was yesterday that she was saying "scary part, scary part" Around the time when she was just learning to talk, the only thing she would watch on TV was Aladdin. But if you have ever seen Aladdin it does have some scary parts in it especially for a toddler. She would express that she was scared by crying and so I would say is it a scary part and then proceed to fast forward those parts. She caught on and instead of crying would tell me "scary part, scary part". Well during this time our house was listed on H St. Rd. and it is kind of way out there in the middle of nowhere it felt like (no offense Marsha). One day two guys came to the door. They were East Indian (not that means anything), but their accents were very thick making it hard to understand them. The one said that he was a realtor and wanted to show his client our house. Thinking back I was very dumb to let them into our house without checking it out a little bit (usually they call, make an appointment, and then you leave; not show up at your door unannounced). As they came in and started to look around, Lexi was at my side I think even crying, so I was a little embarrassed that she was sooo scared of them. Then to make matters worse she starts saying "scary part, scary part!!" about a million times very loudly. Unfortunately I couldn't fast forward that part. Thankfully they couldn't understand what she was saying, and they left shortly after that. Lexi is such a good kid though. She is my best cleaner, she loves to help in the kitchen, and Diesel thinks she is about the most entertaining person to watch because she is so animated. She got baptized on Sunday. I am so proud of her and the kind hearted person that she is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that is so sweet I can't believe you have an eight year old either, your family is so awesome! I love that story of the realtor at your house, they say the funniest things and sometimes you wish you could crawl in a hole.
Tell her I'm so happy for her! I was sad not to be around for the last few weeks!
mom why are tou writing about me?!
lexi
Post a Comment