Friday, January 16, 2009

Pass the quesadillas please


All my pregnancies have been pretty much the same except one thing, my cravings seem to differ a little with each child. With Lexi I couldn't get enough of vegetable soup and then of course fagioli soup from the Olive Garden. I worked at Izzy's and so the cinnamon rolls were a favorite too. I started liking root beer for the first time in my life and couldn't get enough of it. Hunter kept the Olive Garden soup going for me and anything else from restaurants especially Mexican and Chinese. Also I always loved prawns, but really craved them with Hunter. Karlee made me fall in love with raspberries again. Growing up I worked on a raspberry machine during the summers and after you do that for 6 years you learn to hate everything about raspberries (jams, juices, anything with even the hint of flavor). Actually it was through my obsession with raspberries and strawberries that my sister figured out I was pregnant. Curt Maberry farms sells the best raspberries already perfectly sugared and awaited their entrance onto vanilla ice cream. Also with Karlee I loved fajitas too. With Hallie it was chips and salsa, fagioli soup, and Chinese. I can't really think of anything else. With this baby I eat a lot of quesadillas. I have a panini maker and it crisps them up just right. Red Robin sees me quite frequently as well, I can't get enough of their fries dipped in ranch. I must be hungry right now and you guessed it quesadillas for lunch it is!

6 comments:

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

Oh Jayme!!!! How I love you! I'm glad I'm not the only crazy Red Robin Fries dipped in RANCH crazy preggo lady :) I narrowed my craving down though and It seems I just can't get enough of the ranch which in fact is Hidden Valley (in the packet) buttermilk recipe made with buttermilk. lol... I have it here, and everyone knows NOT to touch momma's ranch...lol... and Jalapenos... I don't know what it is in them that I can't get enough of with season salt and Lime...mmmmm... Thanks, now I'm hungry :p

JenM. said...

I SOOOOO miss Red Robin. I don't know why, but they don't exist down here. Everytime we go to Utah, that is definitely one of the (many) places on our list to visit. Also, the Mexican food is not tasty here. You would think being so close to the border...but it is all Tex-Mex Blah. Try the fries dipped in the onion ring sauce. Yum.

Vashti said...

Well i must be cursed or something, b/c I crave foods ALL THE TIME! Especially when I AM NOT PREGNANT. It's actually when i'm pregnant that foods lose their appeal to me. That's why it's so hard for me to lose weight, i love food so much and crave things almost daily. I only wish I had the excuse of pregnancy-instead i'm just a glutton! Tonight was amazing Olive Garden (their new gnocchi soup is HEAVEN) I had it all, stuffed mushrooms & calamari, and also MANICOTTI with meat sauce. Good thing I have a lot of leftovers, typing this is making my hungry! Time for a late night snack!

Unknown said...

I finally made it to your blog! Here's some blog lovin'-- smoochie smoo!

I'm with Vashti... I always want food!

Kay said...

You are too funny! You really ought to join our reading group. You and Lydia both. It would be so much fun! Think about it!

Jenni said...

So hungry now! I had a quesadilla craving when I was pregnant with Addie. I used to be a ranch and fries person at Red Robin. I went about a month ago and my friend introduced me to the Red Robin dipping sauce. Yummy. We actually each got both. Red Robin was a craving when pregnant with Landry. Chilies, Spaghetti Factory, Pasta Roni (angel hair/parmesan) and mandarin oarnges with Kolby. I have never been able to eat that Pasta Roni since I had Kolby.