Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Birthday times two











Well as some of you may know, Karlee and I share a birthday December 29. I must admit it was not the most pleasant way of celebrating the beginning of my 29th, golden birthday. I was induced on the 28th and she took forever!! At around 11:30 pm hard labor started and I knew at that point she would be born on my birthday, something I was kind of trying to avoid I'm not sure why. Ask any man and they would be glad to share their birthday with one of their children, but ask most women and they would prefer to keep their one special day to themselves. We are more selfish I guess. As Midnight came upon, Wynden knowing that I had wanted to keep my birthday to myself and couldn't figure out why, looked over at me (in pain of course), smirked and said "Happy Birthday!" Half hour later Karlee graced us with her presence for the first time. Now I actually enjoy sharing a birthday with her. She turned one when I turned 30, I tried to focus more on that than my departure out of my twenties. It is so cute too when she tells people when they ask her when her birthday is that it is on mommy's birthday. She seems to think that this is really cool and so do her siblings. One would think that this would be the one child that Wynden could remember what date she was born, but I still get phone calls when booking trips or opening a bank account inquiring of her birth date. Anyway our birthday was ok. We spent the night out at a condo in Birch Bay, the weather was not that great so we stayed inside all day. The pictures are of the party with my family. Karlee was so cute when it was time to blow out the candle. She barely breathed on it. She did this a couple of times while the rest of us were like BLOW! She never did get that candle out, her cousin Sarah did it for her. It was very cute though.

2 comments:

kaitlyn said...

i can totally see wynden doing that when you are ready to climb the walls in pain. sweet!

i am glad we got to come hang out and swim with you guys!

Jenni said...

I would feel more sorry about your age if I didn't have some years on you. I think one day you will love sharing a birthday with your daughter. You will have leverage when making her feel guilty to take care of you and spend time with you.