
Call me crazy, but I really don't mind cleaning the house. I like the workout and what the house looks like after. I can get a little crazy sometimes (usually like at 10:00 pm) and get in a cleaning mood and there is no stopping me then.
For me, I like the popular cleaning products pine-sol for my floors, soft scrub and scrubbing bubbles for my bathrooms, and windex for the windows, but what I love to do is experiment. Whenever I see a cleaning product on sale chances are I try it. I like everything with bleach. I do like to mix things up too because I hope that what one cleaner might miss the other one will get. If you looked in my cupboards you would see that I have a million different cleaning products, so when Vashti wants to know what I use I guess I would say everything!
For a quick wipe down of the bathrooms I like lysol's anti-bacterial wipes and the kids can use these easily too. I did just teach Lexi how to do a scrub down of the bathrooms and she was so excited to learn until she saw what I had to do "now make sure you clean here really well because most boys miss the toilet and this is where it goes" Gross mom!
I really like windex's antibacterial spray for my kitchen countertops, obviously for the cleaning part, but it also shines up my granite pretty nice. For a real buff for my granite I use marble and granite magic (they also make a cleaner for stainless steel that makes my refrigerator look brand new)
Mopping I love the look and the smell, but it seriously breaks my back. The best job is on my hands and knees, but I don't mind my mop that you can take the cloth off and rinse whenever it needs it (at target). I do not like using dirty mopping water over and over so I just rinse a little pine-sol directly on the rag or cover and do this over and over until I'm done. My steam mop is great, but for like once a month use.
I am working on decluttering right now (when aren't I), so I am going through every room and detailing it. I call this perfecting every room. I go through every nook and cranny and get rid of, straighten, and clean it. After just moving my brother in law, there is extra motivation to do this :)
There you go Vashti, hope this helps. Happy cleaning everyone!
4 comments:
In all seriousness I was hoping for a better break down of all your products and uses. But I did watch you very closely with your cleaning the last month before I left and mentally took notes of what you did and how.
Just call me Jayme 2.0! Or more like Jayme .75 because lets face it, nothing beats the real thing!
Don't forget Krud Kutter!! It's fabulous! And Spot Shot for those carpet "accidents".
that was so much more about cleaning than I ever wanted to know :) but your house does always look amazing and I am sure thats why. really you are welcome to come here and clean whenever I will even watch all the kids :)
I also LOVE cleaning. It makes me feel so accomplished!
Post a Comment