Saturday was the fishing derby in Lynden. My brother in law usually goes and we've gone before with him in the past, but he had to work Saturday, so it was just my sister and me. She knows a little more than me and I know very little about fishing. I only took the two older kids and we had a really good time. Hunter and my niece did not catch anything although we tried really hard and even moved three different times (my dad was there hence the moving). We finally found a good spot and Lexi caught her limit of two right away, so we put Hunter back on a pole even though it wasn't his age group because he was so disappointed that he didn't catch one. I kind of enjoyed fishing...I think it teaches kids patience and calmness. I could see myself doing a fishing trip sometime in the future as long as someone is there to bait the line and get the fish off the hook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love fishing, I find it really relaxing but don't really like the cleaning the fish part of it!
I forget this EVERY year! The net is still in the river though and it's gross :)
I love fishing too! I like it better in a boat and not as much on shore but I do think it's relaxing.
What a fun thing. I didn't know they did a fishing derby in Lynden we will have to look into that for next year.
Hunter looks like such a little man.
Post a Comment