Monday, April 25, 2011

Camping In April!?






So this last weekend we headed to Cascade Park in Arlington for an overnight camping trip. It was just going to be Wynden and the two older kids, but Hunter said he really wanted it to be a family trip (how can you say no to that). I am not big into camping. I hate bugs. I don't like to be cold. I have a bad back so sleeping on rock solid ground does not do me any good. With that being said I went with a good attitude knowing that would make it better for for everyone. When we go there the kids were so excited. It is by a river, so the kids were playing on the beach, building things with sticks, collecting ricks, and just exploring. Diesel loved it. We chose the most quiet and secluded spot we thought until about an hour and a half after we got there and then 15 young boys showed up and set up camp right next to us. Not so quiet any more. We had a really good time. I was a so warm during the night. I had Karlee on one side of me and Hallie on the other and both sides you could not have put a quarter between us, so they kept me nice and warm. Also Wynden had bought two air mattresses, so I was very comfortable. It actually was one of the better night sleeps I have gotten in quite a while.

The highlight of the trip for me was Hallie and Karlee got to experience an outhouse for the first time. You should have seen their faces when I explained how it worked. It was pretty funny. Karlee (sitting on the seat): "Mom, where's the flusher?" Hallie hated it and cried every time she had to use it. She said the seat hurt her.

I am not so hesitant about going camping now. I do hate the cleanup though so many things to wash for one night.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Looks like fun! Glad you had a good time :)

Peter and Lesha said...

ok I am picking your brain as to how you went about this fun trip cause I would love that, not too far and not too wooded. anyway sounds like fun and I think you look way tan! not fair

Unknown said...

Gross.

:)