Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The form wasn't great, but I can still do it!

Karlee and Hallie are in gymnastics. They are learning all about handstands, splits, and cartwheels. Today Karlee asked me if I knew how to do a cartwheel. I said yes and she said then show me. So I thought why not. I made sure nothing could possibly get in my way (mostly Diesel) because let's face it if something took me out while attempting this I am just not as young as I used to be as far as recovery goes. So I gave it a try and sure enough I still have it, not as much as I used to where I could do three or four in a row. I was a little worried about hurting myself. Karlee said do it again, so I did. Then she said one more time and I said better stop before it's too late. Right now I feel fine. Of course sometimes it's a different story in the middle of the night when you get up for a potty break and for some reason you can't get out of bed because your back or neck hurts so bad you feel like you might die. I promise not to attempt any back handsprings, flips, or splits.

1 comment:

Peter and Lesha said...

so funny cause I tried one when Carson took gymnastics and I totally was thrown off your center of gravity is so different and wow I hurt my wrist I thought what a terrible thing that i let myself get this out of it.