Friday, August 6, 2010
I Remember When A Candy Bar Was 5 Cents
I remember my dad saying that often as I was growing up. He'd also talk about how something was two bits, whatever that means right. After I was old enough to figure out that two bits wasn't some sort of foreign money, but actually what old timers call a quarter. Anyway why do I bring this up you may wonder. Last night we went to Edaleen Dairy, which we do quite frequently, they even know us there by how many baby cones we order and the fact we come in minutes until closing. I glance at the menu for some reason while we stood in line and realized that they raised their prices. Their baby cones used to be 40 cents and were now 75!!! Oh I thought this cannot be good. Wynden will definitely not go for this. Our 3-4 times a week I could feel would be drastically cut for sure in half as I knew he would almost be offended at the new almost doubled price. It got me thinking that I would now be saying I remember when baby cones use to be 25 cents then 40 cents and now a whopping 75, what is this world coming to. Just as I expected as I told Wynden about the price increase his response "don't they know that we're in a recession. Gey hon, I don't know if we'll be able to come as often"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, you had to KNOW I would chime in on this!
They were loosing money on ice cream... BIG TIME. They just never thought about it :) You're lucky they were clueless as long as they were!
I knew Courtney would give us the answer:) that is so funny cause we went to the tracker show last night and I thought maybe we will see the holmans but nope we were the only ones stupid enough to be there in the poring rain :( Carson kept saying, where is Halli? Anyway I so remember when they were 25 cents but I still love the ice cream and I miss wyndens witty responses to stuff
Post a Comment