Monday, July 26, 2010
Who's the crazy one here?
A few weeks ago I took the kids to the free movie at the mall. Since I was already in Bellingham, I thought I would go to Deals Only to get some cheap pectin (I had berries waiting for me to make jam). I have never been to Deals Only before, so I had no idea what I was getting myself into. The kids and I got out of the car and by kids I mean my 5 and Darin's 4 and went into the store. WOW! Clutter everywhere. I was already regretting my choice as soon as we were in there, but too late. As I looked around, I was like oh my there are some pretty crazy people in here. I told the kids that they could each spend one dollar. The candy isle is huge and there was a lady stocking the shelves, so there was like no room at all. They took forever and after threatening them I finally got them to go so we could get my stuff, I wanted some chocolate chips too, I had already grabbed the pectin. As I was walking through the isles, I kept thinking to myself this is quite the trashy store and so are the people here. One guy hit Karlee on the head with his basket and another lady just stood there and glared at the kids until they moved I'm like "excuse us" that is all you have to say is "excuse me" and I promise then they will move. We bought our stuff and left the store. My biggest laugh was on the way home when I was thinking about the store and then realized I'm pretty sure that most those people were thinking I was the crazy, white trash lady there with a baby asleep on the shoulder of a 12 year old, a two year old so tired that she was having a melt down at the check out over her candy, and 7 other kids besides. I guess I should be a little slower at judging others shouldn't I.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
seriously, that is great. I really don't know how you do it, good thing your kids are so well behaved!
Don't blame you ONE bit!! I kept hearing people tell me what a "great store" that was. One walk through the aisles and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. AND didn't find what I needed either.
Post a Comment