Growing up I still get a kick out of remembering how my dad would never admit when it was his fault or that he did it. He would look frantically for something only to to ask "girls what did you do with my..." We would all look at him strangely and one would usually end up saying "dad I have no idea where the spark plug is or what it even looks like for that matter." Eventually he would find it right where he left it.
There are many other stories I could share, but getting to my point, yesterday I took the kids and two of my nieces to the mall for the free movie (I love Kung Fu Panda). Everything went fine and we came home, got out of the car and I vaguely remember (it actually took a lot of thought to remember) hitting a button as I was getting out of the car. I got all the kids inside and then preceded to clean out the car from our outing. I left a few things inside of it and headed back in. It was nap time and so I was starting to get ready only to find that Hallie, who rarely wets her pants, did indeed. Then Diesel needed a diaper change and was not very cooperative. I went outside to get Diesel's pack and play, which I had taken to my mom's (she watched Diesel during the movie), to find the doors locked and the keys inside. Well I definitely wasn't happy letting the kids know that someone locked the keys inside the car. I kind of had a funny feeling though that the finger should be pointing at me, but I was not in the mood at this point.
You see Diesel still sleeps in the pack and play in the office. So the nap time that I was looking forward to getting some things done during was questionable in my mind. I decided to sleep him in the crib that Hallie only takes naps in and sleep her in my bed. Diesel of course screamed bloody murder for a while because of the unfamiliar setting, but he eventually fell asleep. Hallie fell asleep right away and actually was sleeping forever when I thought I better check on her and when I finally did she was sitting up in my bed saying "I'm all wet" Oh great twice in one day and on MY bed. It costs $40 to dry clean our down duvet.
Now remember that pack and play is still in the car and after a while of not finding the spare set we call Berk's towing that also unlocks car doors, but he couldn't get to it until the morning. Diesel falls asleep for the night on Wynden, so far so good, without waking him we lay him in the crib. Perfect until 2:00 when he obviously figures out where he is and will not go back in there without possibly waking the neighborhood. So there we lay in a bed half made with different bedding and Diesel laying sideways between us the rest of the night. And it all adds up to my fault darn it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOTS of spare keys!!! That's the ticket ;D But it makes for a good story. You deserve to rest now.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one loosing my mind :)
PS, loved loved loved your talk today!
that is crazy I totally called and inquired about the movie I will have to take the kids next week. sucks about your keys, Peter does that to Carson all the time, like if he can't find his costco card or wallet or something, it's always Carson's fault :) anyway, hope you get more sleep tonight what a rough day.
Post a Comment