Monday, July 19, 2010

Are those shape-ups you're wearing?



A few weeks ago I received a cortisone shot in my foot. I was told that I had to wear shoes like shape ups for two weeks. Fortunately I found some knock offs at payless shoes in the mall. Instead of paying $100 I paid $40. Feeling a little foolish wearing these shoes I wore them everywhere with no choice. Little did I know that I would fall in love with them. They are absolutely divine. They are so comfortable. I use to not be able to jog because I could literally feel my back breaking with each step, but now you should see me go :) After my two weeks were up I realized that this shoe is the only shoe that doesn't hurt my feet anymore (I'm not sure if the cortisone shot helped me or hurt me more). I'm not the type who likes to wear tennis shoes unless I am working out, so I went and got me some tone-ups (from Fred Meyer) that are like a slip on type sandal. Life is good.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

I have heard these are miracle shoes and recently decided to get some after flip flop season. I have heard several people say it has solved their back pain. I am hoping it will do the same for me. I saw some mary jane shape ups that were pretty cute - more of an every day shoe. I may have to get exercise shape ups as well. Thanks for helping to convince me I have to do it. I did not know there were knock offs.

Peter and Lesha said...

so funny glad they work and glad you feel better, my mom has some and she likes them too they aren't so stylish though so glad you found some that are cute:)

Unknown said...

That's crazy! I've been wondering about them, actually. My sisters and I were wondering if everyone says they're great just because they paid $100 for them... one lady we asked said she hadn't noticed a difference. So this is good to know! Do you feel like they have helped tone you up at all? Do you have the "real" ones or the knock-offs? I like knock-offs if they really work :)

Jayme said...

I have the real tone-ups, but knock offs on the shape-ups. I don't know if it is coincidental but I have lost 5 pounds in the last couple of weeks. Macys is going to or is having a sale on the real ones for like $80 I want to say.

Jeremy Saunders said...

may i ask why you got your cortisone shot? I really want to try that for my foot. I wonder if it would work. Why did they suggest shape ups for your foot after the shot? What did the doc say about danskos?

By the way, Karlee looks adorable and that little outfit was well worth the money.
mimi