For the past week we have been in Vegas. We left last Thursday and got back this Thursday. We had a great time. We took all the kids, which means the plane rides were quite interesting. On the way there we left at 8:00 pm, so we knew that the kids would be a little tired. I tried for two hours to get Karlee and Hunter to take a nap, but much to my dismay they would not go to sleep. The airport was a zoo, but the kids did great. We boarded and took off. It was a two hour flight and things were off to a wonderful start until we were almost there and the turbulence got a little crazy. We were on the worst roller coaster ride of our lives. The flight attendant comes on and yells for everyone to get in their seats and buckle, which I have never heard said so out of control before. I was getting a little nervous so I look over at Wynden and give him the are we going to die look and he goes "it's fine" (later I learned when Darin picked us up when we got home he told him he said a little prayer, I was like What!?) Anyway I guess Hunter has a weak stomach like his mom because before too long he was using the little white bag. And then Karlee says my tummy doesn't feel very good I need to throw up and as I'm grabbing the bag for her I'm grabbing one for myself. I throw hers at her and said here you go while opening mine and the rest is history. So to give you a good picture of what our neighbors on the plane were seeing Wynden in his row was holding Hallie on his lap and the bag for Hunter while he experienced the joys of plane sickness. In my row, Lexi is trying not to watch while Karlee sits there white as a ghost, and I am holding Diesel while he is climbing literally all over me all the while I am losing my dinner in a little, very little white bag. Boy were we glad to get off that plane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
probably the funniest thing i have ever read. i can picture it. it probably wasn't very funny at the time. ewwwwww.
i hope you brushed your teeth.
What a start to your trip! :) Glad you're all safe.
Wow. I can't even imagine that plane ride. How horrible! I would be traumatized. Glad you had fun in Vegas!
Glad to hear you're safe! What a horrible ride! I would have needed a few of those micro bags myself.... Seriously, with the amount that airlines charge, you would think they would provide bigger bags!
Whew, that is a lot of work just going on a plane with 5 small kids let alone having to deal with everyone getting sick too. You are amazing.
I hope your trip was better than the ride there.
PS I love reading about good dads that are helpful. Your husband sounds great...holding a bunch of kids on his lap and a paper bag for them AND comforting you at the same time.
April
Oh my GOSH! What a story! I have never actually puked on a plane and I don't get motion sickness, but on the way to New York last year, I UNDERSTOOD for the first time why someone might puke. It's not a good feeling!
I also think that in your first picture, the lady with the black glasses is thinking "1, 2, 3, 4, 5!" :) ha ha! :)
I know how you feel! I've lost it a few times on a plane :P
that is great! ya I can't imagine being in your shoes but you can handle anything so I don't feel too bad laughing:) glad you had fun I like vegas. did oyu get a good deal on tickets??
I get pretty bad motion sickness so I'm afraid this happens way too often with me! Glad you are back home!
Post a Comment