Monday, March 8, 2010

Confessions of a Walmart Shopper


I love to shop and I love to find good deals. I use to run around Bellingham twice a week while Hunter went to preschool. I had a lot of time to figure out where I would find the best deals, how much things cost at one store and how much it cost at another. I have been a Walmart shopper and a Target shopper. I like them both for different reasons. At Walmart though, you get the added bonus of the shopping cart greeter, you know who I am talking about, he greases his hair to his head with some black slimy stuff and he is pretty creepy the way he stares at you as you grab your cart, he told me the other day "don't spend too much money". Walmart also has cheaper diapers, cold cereal, and toiletries. Let's face it though Walmart is pretty dirty. I've been ok with this up until the other day when leaving the parking lot I spotted a guy who had just finished relieving himself next to his car. The crazy thing was that he wasn't trying to be discreet. He did it like no big deal. That is when I started questioning my loyalty to Walmart. I have always thought people who won't shop at Walmart sound a little stuck up, like they are too good for the biggest white trash store in Bellingham, but I'm afraid I am going to be one of those people now.







8 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a horrible sour-puss wince on my face the entire time I read that. Don't get me started :)

Jenni said...

My favorite time at Walmart is on Friday or Saturday night after 8:30. There is some weird stuff happening in Wally World those nights.

Vashti said...

That's my walmart, such a high class establishment. There has been the rare occasion when I have frequented that store late at night, let me tell ya, there are some REAL special folks running around that place then!
I love the vampire guy. It takes some cajones to rock a hairstyle that fierce!

April said...

The vampire guy is my favorite!! Robby was thinking of dressing up like him for Halloween.

PS That's the reason why Walmart is so awesome...it's no big deal if your kid needs to take a pee right on someone's car!! haha
Just kidding.

Alana said...

Oh, nasty! And who can forget the vampire guy you're talking about? I know exactly who that is! My loyalties have been waning too. Sometimes they have cute cheap clothes (like girls skirts) but then they shrink up micro mini size and then are good for nothing but the dress-up box. Grrr! We have a Gymboree outlet 20 mins away that has the best clearance sales. ;D

Suzanne said...

that is sick... i wouldn't go back either!

Peter and Lesha said...

Ah, walmart, I hate going there with my kids especially, this lady asked me if she could hold Kate when she was like 2 months old?!? and there is always one mom who is yelling at the top of her lungs at her kid.

kaitlyn said...

i think he looks like count dracula.

i love it when you go at like ten at night to avoid the crowds and there are people there with their four kids crying and screaming and they are threatening to beat them, all i can think is, it is your fault for not putting your kids to bed and dragging them all over town.

anyway, i wish we could have a new walmart like mt vernon or marysville. then i might shop there. but i am one of those snobs (even though i occasionally go there for make-up).