Not! Our kids are so spoiled. Wynden often times reminds them of how much more they have than he did growing up. They have more clothes, food, and toys. Wynden tells everyone about how their stockings for Christmas were filled with cans of soup instead of toys. His mom would place one pan of lasagna on the table to feed eight people (four of which were growing boys). I can always see the violin playing for Wynden when he reminisces about his childhood. I had it pretty good remembering back. I knew somewhere I would find that money tree in our backyard if I looked hard enough after my mom told me to go find it. Checks were just free money right :) Anyway getting to my story, (which right after it happened my oldest sister, Heidi said you have to blog that), I took the three oldest kids to Lynden's got talent, which was put on largely by my other sister and my niece and they did a fabulous job, it was intermission and they had announced that there were cookies and water being served in the foyer area (2 cookies for a $1 or a bottle of water for a $1). Lexi and her friend were sitting up front by my sister and so they stood up to see where I was and what I was doing. Lexi of course was wondering if they would be getting in on the cookie action. To be honest with you I was debating whether to get them cookies or go and get ice cream instead. Anyway my sister says to Lexi something like "I wonder what your moms doing" and Lexi replies something like "are the cookies for money?" and my sister says "yes" and Lexi says "well then she is sitting". Oh Lexi you have it so rough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
poor girl I will have to make her some cookies:) that is too funny.
she knows her momma so well! :o)
That's too funny! :)
I should have sent money with her, I wasn't even thinking about intermission-sorry!
i don't get it. really.
Lexi knew that if the cookies cost money to buy them (as opposed to being free or whatever) that Jayme would be too "cheap" to buy her any. She knew her mom wouldn't fork over money for the cookies.
It totally cracks me up that she said that. She is getting so big, she sounds so grown up nowadays! I can't believe it, I remember when she was just a wee babe!
It seems clear who has the brains in your guys friendship :)
Post a Comment